Discover the restaurants Oustau de Baumanière, 3 Michelin starred, and La Cabro d'Or in Baux-de-Provence and let yourself be carried away by their refined cuisine in the heart of Provence.
Baumanière’s restaurants are much more than just fine dining experiences. There are also places where one falls in love, closes an important business deal, celebrates life’s important events... This is where children taste their first beans – and like them – where you taste your first Château d’Yquem, where celebrities dine at the next table… Baumanière is a world of its own, where everyone feels at home.
Elegance, sobriety, naturalness, respect and enhancement of products and especially vegetables are the driving threads of our cuisine which is supported by a network of local producers, mostly organic, and our organic vegetable garden where our vegetables grow under the benevolent look of our guests.
If you wish to prolong this experience with a good night's sleep, one of our 53 rooms with unique and warm decoration will help you relax for a weekend or a short stay.
L'Oustau de Baumanière's restaurant shine with its three Michelin stars, it offers refined and authentic cuisine. In addition to the food there is one of the most incredible Cellar of France with more than 50000 bottles of rare wines.
In its fresh and lively decor, the dining room and terrace of the Cabro d’Or offers an ideal setting to delight with the true and refined cuisine of Chef Michel Hulin.
Maybe you would like to stop by the kitchen garden, created by Jean-André Charial, in which he grows tomatoes, aromatic herbs, zucchinis, peas, and beans?
The recipes are extracted from Jean-André Charial's book : "Une année de cuisine dans les Alpilles, 93 recettes en Provence".
Minerva Editions, March 2007. Texts from Françoise Huart.
L'Oustau de Baumanière:
• Until September 30: weekly closing on Wednesdays and Thursdays for midday. Reopening on Thursday evening.
• From 1 October 2020: weekly closure every Wednesday and Thursday.
• From 18 October to 19 December 2020: weekly closure every Sunday evening, Wednesday and Thursday midday. reopening on Thursday nights for dinner.
• During the holidays: Closed Tuesday, December 22 and 29, 2020
• Annual closure on January 03, 2021 after lunch
• Reopening on March 05, 2021 at dinner
La Cabro d'Or : Open all year round
• Until September 30, 2020: Closed weekly on Mondays and Tuesdays for lunch. Reopened on Tuesday evening.
• Starting September 30, 2020: Closed weekly on Mondays and Tuesdays.
• During the holiday season: Closed on December 20 after lunch and on December 21 and on December 31 at lunch.
• From January 03, 2021 in the evening: Weekly closure on Sunday evenings, Mondays and Tuesdays.
• From 05 March to 30 April 2021 : Weekly closure on Mondays and Tuesdays – except Monday 05 April (Easter)
• Starting May 1, 2021: Open daily
L'Oustau de Baumanière is a restaurant that has become an institution over the years, borrowing history, successive passages of celebrities, discreet people with fabulous destinies. This gastronomic restaurant was founded by Mr. Raymond Thuillier in 1945 and obtained 3 * Michelin in 1954. He ran this establishment for many years before being joined by his grandson Jean-André Charial.
Today Oustau de Baumanière restaurant 3* Michelin is in perpetual excitement and will conquer you for an unforgettable moment in an exceptional setting. Finesse, tradition, elegance & creativity characterize the current cuisine and constantly renewed by the young Chef Glenn Viel.
A short distance from the Cabro d'Or restaurant is located in the heart of our lush gardens. You will enjoy a terrace overlooking the nature that will transport you in serenity to celebrate your precious moments. It is in this enchanting setting that you will discover the gourmet cuisine of our Chef Michel Hulin, a generous cuisine for a moment of sharing and conviviality.
Cooking classes at L'Oustau and La Cabro d'Or are organized throughout the year to allow lovers of fine cuisine to learn the skills of a great chef or to please their loved ones.